EMBOSS: Project Meeting (Jul 3rd 2000)


Sanger Centre: Peter Rice
HGMP: Val Curwen, Gary Williams, Alan Bleasby
Apologies: Ian Longden, Tim Carver, Jon Ison

1. Matters Arising

The previous 2 weeks meetings were cancelled due to absences. Last meeting was June 12th.

2. General progress on release 0.0.4

Peter reported that the EMBOSS course given in Turkey went smoothly. All training examples are now in the distributed test databases.

The following schedule and priorities were discussed for the next two weeks.

A meeting will be held on Wednesday 5th July including members of the Sanger and HGMP systems group to facilitate transfer of services to the HGMP. The meeting will address web pages transfer, the CVS tree, email lists, the nightly build and related matters. This is given high priority. The first stage will be a mirror at the HGMP. The CVS tree will be branched and the Sanger version recreated at HGMP replacing the existing development tree at the HGMP. CVS logging information will be merged as appropriate by Alan. Alan will co-ordinate the move at the HGMP and test at each stage.

Passwords for access will be maintained and links from Sanger to the HGMP will ensure that the final move is transparent.

Peter will concentrate on issues related to release 1.0. Specifically the "-sf gcg" handling, cleaning the web pages, production of an application to handle documentation output and associated addition of documentation. Gary suggested that the documentation application should pipe through more.

Ian will look at nightly build issues, will provide documentation for the ajcall handling of graphics library segregation. The colourmap use of plplot will be further investigated. The best strategy for use of graphics library routine functions related to wildcard use (e.g. in IEP) will be looked at.

Gary will continue with documentation. Alan and Peter will set up a portable with Linux and EMBOSS for remote development. Alan will supply documentation for profiles. Peter will supply documentation for octanol.

Peter will give an EMBOSS talk to Sanger on 11th July

7. Next meeting

Next meeting on Wednesday 5th July, 11:00am, usual place.