EMBOSS: Project Meeting (Tuesday 2nd August 2005)


EBI: Peter Rice, Jon Ison, Lisa Mullan

Apologies: Alan Bleasby,

1. Minutes of the last meeting

Minutes of the meeting of 22nd July 2005 are here

EMBOSS Meetings are now at 9:30 am on alternate Tuesdays in Hinxton.

2. Software Development

2.1 Database indexing

Peter has announced logfiles for the database indexing programs which have passed QA testing. They include a report of the commandline, including all non-default responses to prompts. A few minor updates are needed: building associated qualifier names and correcting values where the user was prompted more than once.


Peter will update PHYLIPNEW to the latest release of PHYLIP 3.6.

Jon will update the other EMBASSY packages (HMMER, etc.) to the latest release of their respective original packages.

3. Administration

3.1 Interface survey

Peter will prepare a user interface and wrappers survey, based on Jon's EMBOSS user survey from 2004 with the aim of issuing the survey before the revised grant proposal is submitted..

4. Documentation & Training

4.1 Distribution FAQ files

Jon will review and update the FAQ, INSTALL and other files in the distribution.

4.2 SourceForge Website

Jon will review the SourceForge website pages.

4.3 Training Course Planning

Lisa will help to draft proposals for future EMBOSS training courses and their coordination.

5. User queries and answers

Jon will take over the maintenance of the user queries and bug reports and updating the sourceforge tracker lists.

Peter will look into a report that ACD processing happens twice in wossname when certain environment variables are defined.

6. AOB

7. Date Of Next Meeting

Next meeting at 9.30 on Tuesday 16th August 2005.